WATER CONSERVATION INDOORS
- Check your toilet for leaks – Put two drops of food coloring into your toilet tank. Without flushing, watch the toilet bowl for about 3-5 minutes. If the food coloring appears in the toilet bowl, you have a leak that should be fixed immediately
- Take shorter showers or baths
- Check every faucet in your home for leaks
- Turn off the water while shaving or brushing your teeth
- Use your automatic dishwasher for full loads only
- If you wash your dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
- Keep a pitcher or bottle of drinking water in the refrigerator
- Check the entire water system in your home for leaks
WATER CONSERVATION OUTDOORS
- Water your lawn only when it needs it and water during the cool parts of the day
- Don’t water the pavement
- Mow higher than normal
- Use a broom to clean the driveway and sidewalk
- Check for leaks in pipes, hoses, and faucets
- Don’t run the hose while washing your car – Clean the car with a pail of soapy water
- Only use the hose to rinse it off
- Cover your swimming pool
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants
- Inspect your current sprinkler system for leaks or over watering
- Help Blue Ridge Rural Water reduce paper use!
- In an effort to be environmentally-friendly, we invite you to visit our eStatement website to register to receive all your documents electronically.
- Please logon to Blue Ridge Rural Water at www.brrwcestatements.com.
- Enter the requested information including the Registration ID to begin receiving your statement electronically. You will find your Registration ID located on your statement.
- Questions? Give us a call at (864) 895-1719.
GOING GREEN - Our Commitment!
- Blue Ridge Rural Water Company is committed to making a positive impact on the environment by implementing responsible practices for the conservation of energy, natural resources and the reduction of waste.
- We are committed to the adoption of cost neutral or cost-saving measures to minimize our overall environmental impact.
- We are committed to educating our employees, our customers and our community on understanding of the importance of making environmentally responsible decisions.
Blue Ridge Rural Water will be a model for environmental stewardship throughout the water industry.